The Centralina Workforce Development Board and NCWorks Career Centers are committed to partnerships that help our region’s businesses and workers become a competitive force in our global economy. Learn More »
The Centralina Workforce Development Board is proud to introduce NEXTGEN Services (the next generation of services for youth and young adults in the region).
Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) it outlines a broader youth vision that supports an integrated service delivery system and provides a framework through which states and local areas can leverage other Federal, state, local and philanthropic resources to support In-School Youth (ISY) and Out-of-School Youth (OSY). Notably, WIOA shifts the primary program focus of the youth formula programs to support the educational and career success of OSY.
All of the NEXTGEN Services is offered at all of our NCWorks Career Centers in seven counties-8 locations (Anson, Cabarrus, Iredell-Statesville, Iredell-Mooresville, Lincoln, Rowan, Stanly, and Union Counties.)
MEET YOUR NEXTGEN TEAM
Career Development Specialist
- Erika Thompson-Cabarrusfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Michael Jones-Cabarrus/ Rowanemail@example.com
- Sheenia Daughtery-Rowanfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Tami Connor-Lincolnemail@example.com
- Jane Balfrey-Stanlyfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Aaron Neely-Iredell-- email@example.com
Business Services Team
- Jim Kohn- Stanly, Union, Ansonfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Frances Thornton-Cabarrus, Rowan, Iredell, Lincolnemail@example.com
For more information about NEXTGEN powered by Centralina WDB contact Gary Mason, NEXTGEN Services Leader at firstname.lastname@example.org or Solomon McAuley, Centralina WDB NEXTGEN Specialist at email@example.com.
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) authorizes the establishment of a Youth Committee as a subgroup of the local board (Centralina Workforce Development Board). The purpose of the NEXTGEN Council is to provide expertise in youth policy and to assist the CWDB in:
- Building sustainable relationships with young and young adult oriented stakeholders
- Finding jobs for youth and young adults with career paths
- Utilizing cross-country resources to the best advantage to serve youth and young adults
- Linking relationships between secondary education, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and community colleges
Centralina’s NEXTGEN Council Vision:
Our NEXTGEN talent will be educated, trained, and employed.
Centralina’s NEXTGEN Council Core Purpose:
To link NEXTGEN youth and young adults with the best resources to support their pathway to a solid career.