The Centralina Workforce Development Board and NCWorks Career Centers are committed to partnerships that help our region’s businesses and workers become a competitive force in our global economy. Learn More »
The Centralina Workforce Development Board is proud to introduce NEXGEN Services (the next generation of services for youth and young adults in the region).
Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) it outlines a broader youth vision that supports an integrated service delivery system and provides a framework through which states and local areas can leverage other Federal, state, local and philanthropic resources to support In-School Youth (ISY) and Out-of-School Youth (OSY). Notably, WIOA shifts the primary program focus of the youth formula programs to support the educational and career success of OSY.
There are four agencies in your local community that provide NEXGEN youth and young adult services.
- Union County Community Action, Inc. (UCCA) - Union and Anson Counties
- 1401 W. Roosevelt Blvd. #H, Monroe, NC 28110 (704) 283-7583 (Union)
- 514 N. Washington St. Lockhart-Taylor Center, Wadesboro, NC 28170 (704) 694-6551 (Anson)
- Salisbury-Rowan Community Action Agency (SRCAA)-Rowan and Cabarrus Counties
- 1300 W. Bank St., Salisbury, NC 28144 (704) 633-6633
- Iredell Community Action Research and Evaluation, Inc. (I-CARE) - Iredell and Lincoln Counties
- 1415 Shelton Ave, Statesville, NC 28677 (704) 872-8141 (Iredell)
- 529 N. Aspen St. Lincolnton, NC 28092 (704) 735-8035 (Lincoln)
- Resource Development Center (RDC)-Stanly County
- 2215 US Highway 52 N., Albemarle, NC 28001 (704) 982-2183
Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) authorizes the establishment of a Youth Committee as a subgroup of the local board (Centralina Workforce Development Board). The purpose of the NEXGEN Council is to provide expertise in youth policy and to assist the CWDB in:
- Building sustainable relationships with young and young adult oriented stakeholders
- Finding jobs for youth and young adults with career paths
- Utilizing cross-country resources to the best advantage to serve youth and young adults
- Linking relationships between secondary education, Career and Technical Education (CTE), and community colleges
Centralina’s NEXGEN Council Vision:
Our NEXGEN talent will be educated, trained, and employed.
Centralina’s NEXGEN Council Core Purpose:
To link NEXGEN youth and young adults with the best resources to support their pathway to a solid career.