A BUSINESS ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR is needed to support the Centralina Workforce Development Board. The Business Engagement Coordinator performs technical and informational work serving as a resource connection for local area business and entrepreneurial ventures to the work-based learning opportunities, including incumbent worker (UpSkill Centralina), On the Job Training, (OJT) and Apprenticeship services available through the Centralina WDB and the local NCWorks Career Centers in the region. The Business Engagement Coordinator also serves as a consultant and point of contact to new and existing business, connecting them to various no or low-cost services offered by the WDB, state and other government agencies or private entities, including access to NCWorks online, Centralina Virtual Career Marketplace, and labor market intelligence.
The Centralina Workforce Development Board (WDB) is responsible for local workforce funding and invests in the community by partnering with economic development, education and businesses to create innovative strategies to serve career seekers and businesses. Centralina WDB is a division within Centralina Council of Governments, an innovative regional planning agency serving the Greater Charlotte region.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Managing UpSkill Centralina Incumbent worker training initiative; promoting OJT and apprenticeship and other work-based learning opportunities with businesses in the region;
· Coordinating outreach as it relates to work based learning from the Centralina Workforce Development Board and its workforce services to area businesses; meeting with local businesses to assess needs, concerns and/or assistance needed; communicating business needs to appropriate Board, NCWorks Career Center staff, and other workforce partners;
· Assisting with county Business Engagement Teams for outreach and provision of services to businesses in conjunction with local and regional workforce, education, community, and economic development partners;
· Coordinating outreach efforts with NCWorks Career Center staff and partner agencies; providing outreach to civic, community and business organizations regarding workforce services;
· Serving as liaison between NCWorks Career Center staff and businesses when developing and monitoring opportunities for work-based training services through completion and follow up, including quality assurance of work-based learning efforts;
· Managing Centralina Virtual Career Marketplace initiative, working with NCWorks Center Leaders to promote the service to employers and potential partner organizations. Coordinating, facilitating, analyzing and evaluating use of service to meet overall goals of Centralina Workforce Development Board;
· Providing training and technical assistance to NCWorks staff and other workforce partners as needed based on monitoring results;
· Conducting surveys, analyzing results and issues reports on business satisfaction with quality, candidates, ease of process and accessibility of Centralina WDB and NCWorks services;
· Conducting research and compiles results to determine business needs and expectations; serves as point of contact for labor market information;
· Assessing employment and training needs of employers to identify gaps in employer and business services; developing strategies for improvement of services and enhancement of employment and training services provided to employers; and
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduation from college or university with a degree in business administration, business management, industrial technology and experience in a business or manufacturing setting, preferably including experience that includes job placement, job training activities, statistical analysis, and analysis of labor market, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Position also requires considerable knowledge of the local labor market, industry sectors, and the hiring practices and procedures of local employer and of business practices and training needs of businesses. Also requires the ability to build and maintain cooperative and effective public relations with the business community. Position requires possession of a valid driver’s license.
$40,000-$42,000 with excellent benefits including Local Governmental Employees’ Retirement System; 401-K; paid sick and vacation leave; 11-12 paid holidays per year; excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; disability and life insurance; etc.
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Business Engagement Coordinator.” Deadline: Open until filled with rolling interviews. Interested applicants encouraged to apply early. EOE